This Salient-sponsored webinar by Security Today Magazine is now available on-demand. View the webinar recording here.
The ability to manage incidents/events such as weather events or hostile incidents, can be a difficult endeavor to accomplish without the right tools and processes in a K-12 facility. Hostile events thankfully are rare events, but there is no denying that all schools will face emergencies large and small related to other hazards. Thankfully there are processes, procedures, protocols and technology that help our Nation’s schools manage these emergencies.
One of the most critical security technologies to school safety is Mass Notification. Mass Notifications when unified with other security technologies dramatically enhances the abilities of school occupants to respond to an emergency in a quick, safe and efficient manner. A Mass Notification system will also enhance the ability of other emergency responders such as police, fire, EMS and School Safety officials to respond quickly in emergency. A Mass Notification system unified with a school districts processes, procedures, protocols and other security technology will help a school district to address the many hazards that it may face.
In this webinar attendees will learn:
- How to develop an effective strategic Mass Notification plan.
- What are the different types of public address systems.
- What is E911.
- Strategies to unify Mass Notification with duress, lockdown, weather monitoring, fire, video/sound management systems and other technology
- Observations from real time weather and hostile events of how Mass Notification and unified security technology helped.
- Learn about Partner Alliance For Safer Schools https://passk12.org/ tool kits that can help school security technology information.
Guy M. Grace has worked in the security field for 34 years. He currently serves as the Director of Security and Emergency planning for Littleton Public Schools, a suburb of Denver, CO. Guy has been providing district security services to Littleton Public Schools (LPS) for almost 30 years. Guy is a recipient of many national and security industry awards and recognitions. Guy is a regular speaker at school safety trade conferences and a regular security media commentator for various trade magazines and media. Guy has very diverse experiences in school safety regarding technology, processes and emergency response. Guy also serves as the Chairman of the Partner Alliance for Safer Schools.