This document outlines Salient Systems shipment policy. Title to Products passes from Salient to you upon shipment.
DOMESTIC SHIPMENT POLICY
UPS is Salient Systems’ preferred shipping provider. In the event that a shipping method is not listed on a purchase order it will be shipped according to this standard shipping policy. This policy states that all orders ship UPS Ground, unless otherwise directed or noted on the purchase order. Furthermore, all freight costs are the Reseller’s responsibility. Salient will bill for these costs on the invoice associated with the purchase order.
Resellers can request the following methods of shipment on purchase orders:
- Specific shipment method for their purchase order (UPS Ground, UPS Blue, UPS Red, UPS Orange, etc.)
- Third Party Shipments using a UPS or Fed-Ex Account.
- UPS Freight and LTL for multiple system orders (Contact email@example.com for details).
In addition, a preferred method of shipment for all orders can be used. Salient will require notification of these preferences.
Our normal lead time is 7-10 business days from confirmation of receipt of order from Salient.
Domestic Expedite Policy and Fees*
In an effort to meet the needs and requests of our customers, Salient offers expediting of orders.
Expedite requests are to be presented to the Manufacturing Program Manager (MPM) prior to commitment.
- Depending on material availability and currently staged orders, Salient will commit to ship there quested server on third day from receipt of order if the order is approved for expediting.
- Order must be received prior to noon or time clock will start the following business day.
- The Expedite fee applies to each server requested to be expedited.
- Client must elect and pay for shipping method (next day, second day), which must be indicated on the Purchase Order.
- $250 per server: Guaranteed shipment three days after receipt of order
- $500 per server: Guaranteed shipment two days after receipt of order
- *$750 per server: Guaranteed shipment one day after receipt of order
*Contingent on availability of inventory
*Expedite option not available on International Shipments
INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENT POLICY
AIT is Salient Systems’ preferred shipping provider. Orders will be shipped according to this standard shipping policy.
- All international orders ship under DAP Destination terms. Accordingly, all duty, tax, brokerage fees, etc.
will be the Reseller’s direct responsibility.
- All transportation costs are also the Reseller’s responsibility. Salient will bill the Reseller for
transportation costs on the invoice associated with the purchase order.
Our normal estimated lead time is 7-10 business days from confirmation of receipt of order from Salient.
INSURANCE AND CLAIMS
All shipments from Salient are insured.
Any damage claims of packages shipped utilizing Salient’s shipper, are to be handled by Salient.
- Please notify shipper of any damages to package, upon receipt.
- Neglecting to inform shipper of damages can negatively affect the claim process.
- Please contact Salient at 512-617-4800 to file a freight claim or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pictures and a detailed description of the damages are required to file a claim.
Any damage claims of packages shipped using 3rd Party shipping account, are to be handled by the owner of the shipping account.
Salient Systems will not be held responsible for any loss or damage to the product during shipment using a 3rd Party shipping account. All claims are to be filed by the owner of the shipping account.
RETURN FOR CREDIT
Hardware products may be returned for credit, excluding freight charges where applicable, within 30 days of the original invoice date. The returned items must be in brand new condition with all original packaging and materials. Salient Systems will charge a restocking fee of 15% of the original purchase price for any returned items. Any missing original packaging or material or damages will be charged at market rate.
We do not accept return for credit on software items.
Orders cancelled more than 3 days after receipt of the purchase order are subject to a cancellation fee of 15% of the original purchase price.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: THE WARRANTY STATED ABOVE IS THE ONLY WARRANTY APPLICABLE TO THIS PRODUCT. ALL OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT ABILITY OR FITNESS FOR APARTICULAR PURPOSE), ARE HERE BY DISCLAIMED. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVISE GIVEN BY SALIENT, ITS AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY OR IN ANY WAY INCREASE THE SCOPE OF THIS WARRANTY.