Return & Shipping
Return Merchandise Authorizations for Returns & Repairs (RMA)
Salient wants you to be satisfied with your purchase however if you need to return an item, we are here to help.
Standard Return Policy
There are a few important things to keep in mind when returning a product you purchased from Salient:
- You have 30 calendar days to return an item from the date on your invoice.
- Please ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all the cords, adapters and documentation that were included when you received it.
- Items purchased through a certified reseller or channel partner must be returned in accordance with their respective return and refund policy.
There are some items that are ineligible for return, including:
- CompleteView Software
- Software Update Program Products (software upgrades)
Hardware – Return for credit
Hardware products may be returned for credit, excluding freight charges where applicable within 30 days of the original invoice date. The returned items must be in brand new condition and packed in the original packaging and include all accessories, software, and documentation that were included in them original shipment. Salient will charge a restocking fee of 15% of the original purchase price for any returned items. Any missing original packaging or material or damages will be charged at market rate.
For questions regarding returns or to check the status of your RMA, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parts and System Replacements and Repairs – Under Warranty
Products may be replaced under warranty via advance replacement for certain components deemed field replaceable including but not limited to:
Field Replaceable Parts
- Hard Drives
- Video Capture Board
- Power Supply
- System Memory Module
- System Memory Module
- Video Card
- Software USB License Key
Advanced Replacement Items*
- RAID Controllers
*Advance replacement items are subject to availability
Depending on specific model, a technician may be dispatched on-site to repair faulty components deemed to be non-field replaceable.
For assistance on basic, MAX NBD, or 4 hour warranty replacement parts or systems contact email@example.com. Once technical support has determined the part must be replaced, an RMA will be issued for the return of the defective part.
Defective parts or system must be returned to Salient within 30 business days of receiving the replacement part. Advance replacements will be billed to the customer account, and upon receipt of part to be replaced, credit will be issued. If the non-functioning part is not returned, credit will not be issued and you will be invoiced for the replacement part.
Max Next Business Day (NBD) warranty, parts replacement occurs Next Business Day after a problem is reported and verified. All system components other than the Gen II capture card are covered for next business day onsite replacement by a certified technician. Gen II capture card is considered customer field replaceable and an advanced replacement GEN II capture card will be shipped to arrive the next business day.
Max 4 hour warranty, features onsite parts replacement by a certified technician. Parts replacement occurs the same business day within 4 hours after a problem is reported and verified. If a problem is reported after 3PM central time, replacement may occur next business day. All system components other than the Gen II capture card are covered for same business day onsite replacement by a certified technician. Gen II capture card is considered customer field replaceable and an advanced replacement GEN II capture card will be shipped to arrive the next business day.
- NOTE: For defective OS drives, new drives will be shipped without the standard Salient image. Customer will be required to install the OS, CompleteView software, and all hardware drives with Salient Systems technical assistance. Customer must have a bootable OS on site. Customer must return bad drives within 10 days or customer will be invoiced.
For full system replacement, products may be advance replaced within 60 days of the original invoice date should reasonable attempts to identify and advance replace faulty components prove to be unsuccessful. Credit will only be issued if the returned items are in “like” new condition. Advance replacement systems will be billed to the customer account, and upon receipt of product to be replaced, credit will issued. Warranty for advance replacement item is the balance of the warranty left on the original unit being returned.
Parts and System Replacements and Repairs – Non Warranty
For part repairs, items older than 3 years may be eligible, pending parts availability. A purchase order (PO) for the initial evaluation is required. The initial evaluation fee is a flat rate of $150.00 per hour for a minimum of 4 hours (depending on diagnosis) plus materials. Once the item is evaluated, a quote will be provided to the reseller for the repair. Once the reseller has approved the quote, a revised PO for the repair must be received prior to start of repair. Reseller is responsible for freight charge to and from Salient for repair. Replacement parts will be covered under 90 day warranty. Non-warranty repair lead time is 1 – 2 weeks, pending parts availability.
For system repairs, once the system is received by Salient it will be evaluated, repaired, and returned to the reseller. Lead time for system repairs is 1 -2 weeks, pending parts availability.
RMA Return Requirements
An RMA confirmation will be provided via phone or email. The RMA confirmation will include packaging and shipping instructions and the assigned RMA number.The following information is required to assign an RMA
Domestic & International Shipment and Cancelation Policy
This document outlines Salient Systems shipment policy. Title to Products passes from Salient to you upon shipment.
DOMESTIC SHIPMENT POLICY
UPS is Salient Systems’ preferred shipping provider. In the event that a shipping method is not listed on a purchase order it will be shipped according to this standard shipping policy. This policy states that all orders ship UPS Ground, unless otherwise directed or noted on the purchase order. Furthermore, all freight costs are the Reseller’s responsibility. Salient will bill for these costs on the invoice associated with the purchase order.
Resellers can request the following methods of shipment on purchase orders:
- Specific shipment method for their purchase order (UPS Ground, UPS Blue, UPS Red, UPS Orange, etc.)
- Third Party Shipments using a UPS or Fed-Ex Account.
- UPS Freight and LTL for multiple system orders (Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details).
In addition, a preferred method of shipment for all orders can be used. Salient will require notification of these preferences.
Our normal lead time is 7-10 business days from confirmation of receipt of order from Salient.
Domestic Expedite Policy and Fees*
In an effort to meet the needs and requests of our customers, Salient offers expediting of orders.
Expedite requests are to be presented to the Manufacturing Program Manager (MPM) prior to commitment.
- Depending on material availability and currently staged orders, Salient will commit to ship there quested server on third day from receipt of order if the order is approved for expediting.
- Order must be received prior to noon or time clock will start the following business day.
- The Expedite fee applies to each server requested to be expedited.
- Client must elect and pay for shipping method (next day, second day), which must be indicated on the Purchase Order.
- $250 per server: Guaranteed shipment three days after receipt of order
- $500 per server: Guaranteed shipment two days after receipt of order
- *$750 per server: Guaranteed shipment one day after receipt of order
*Contingent on availability of inventory
*Expedite option not available on International Shipments
INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENT POLICY
AIT is Salient Systems’ preferred shipping provider. Orders will be shipped according to this standard shipping policy.
- All international orders ship under DAP Destination terms. Accordingly, all duty, tax, brokerage fees, etc.
will be the Reseller’s direct responsibility.
- All transportation costs are also the Reseller’s responsibility. Salient will bill the Reseller for
transportation costs on the invoice associated with the purchase order.
Our normal estimated lead time is 7-10 business days from confirmation of receipt of order from Salient.
INSURANCE AND CLAIMS
All shipments from Salient are insured.
Any damage claims of packages shipped utilizing Salient’s shipper, are to be handled by Salient.
- Please notify shipper of any damages to package, upon receipt.
- Neglecting to inform shipper of damages can negatively affect the claim process.
- Please contact Salient at 512-617-4800 to file a freight claim or email email@example.com
- Pictures and a detailed description of the damages are required to file a claim.
Any damage claims of packages shipped using 3rd Party shipping account, are to be handled by the owner of the shipping account.
Salient Systems will not be held responsible for any loss or damage to the product during shipment using a 3rd Party shipping account. All claims are to be filed by the owner of the shipping account.
RETURN FOR CREDIT
Hardware products may be returned for credit, excluding freight charges where applicable, within 30 days of the original invoice date. The returned items must be in brand new condition with all original packaging and materials. Salient Systems will charge a restocking fee of 15% of the original purchase price for any returned items. Any missing original packaging or material or damages will be charged at market rate.
We do not accept return for credit on software items.
Orders cancelled more than 3 days after receipt of the purchase order are subject to a cancellation fee of 15% of the original purchase price.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: THE WARRANTY STATED ABOVE IS THE ONLY WARRANTY APPLICABLE TO THIS PRODUCT. ALL OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT ABILITY OR FITNESS FOR APARTICULAR PURPOSE), ARE HERE BY DISCLAIMED. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVISE GIVEN BY SALIENT, ITS AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY OR IN ANY WAY INCREASE THE SCOPE OF THIS WARRANTY.
Reseller Contact Information
- Product Model / Part Number
- Product Serial Number
End User Contact Information
How to return an item: Return shipment requirements
- Customer is responsible for the shipping costs associated with parts being returned to Salient.
- If the item is under warranty, Salient will cover the return shipping charges to customer.
- Salient’s standard shipping policy is to ship ground to Texas customers, and 2 day to all customers outside of Texas. If next day shipment is requested, the difference in shipping price will be billed to the reseller.
- If the item being returned is repair non-warranty, return shipping charges to customer will be billed to the reseller/customer. Units will be returned UPS ground, unless otherwise specified.
- All items must be shipped in the original packaging or approved equivalent.
- All items must be shipped to Salient Systems using a carrier that offers shipment tracking such as UPS, US Postal Service Priority Mail, or FedEx.
- Please insure the item(s) for the full invoice amount in case of damages that might occur during shipment to Salient. Salient Systems will not be held responsible for any loss or damage to the product during shipment.
- The RMA # must appear on a least (2) outside surfaces of each return package.
- Verify the return item and the return address on your return label. Affix the label to the outside of your return box. If you have multiple items to return, you may pack them in a single box with the packing slip. We recommend using the original packaging if you are returning hardware.
Ship package to:
Salient Systems, RMA #XXXXXXXXX
4616 W Howard Lane, Building 1, Suite 100
Austin, Texas 78728
Published: December 22, 2016